USA - E Ink (www.eink.com), a specialist in electronic paper displays and FFS LCD technologies, showcases several new products, concept prototypes and new developers’ kits for designers and engineers.
Included in the commercial offerings this year are:
• The NOOK Simple Touch™ with GlowLight™, featuring a front lit E Ink display;
• Revolutionary On-Cell touch screen technology with FFS LCD from Hydis;
• A new Cabinet Lock from InVue, a retail display security system, featuring a round E Ink display on the lock mechanism;
• Electronic shelf labels and ePaper signage from Pervasive Displays;
• 300 dpi ePaper display eDocument device for medical and industrial applications, in collaboration with Epson;
• The Rukus Solar from Eton, a solar Bluetooth sound system featuring an E Ink display for battery and connectivity indicators;
• The Machikomi Billboard from Toppan, a large area ePaper sign used to display informational and emergency messages including advertisements;
• New developers’ kits from partners, featuring new SOC solutions;
• New SURF developers’ kit, available for sale, later in June; and,
• E Ink developed Active Matrix flexible display modules for mobile applications.
Included in this year’s concept showcase are:
• An EPD / LED hybrid traffic light, showcasing E Ink's reflective display technology for power saving and visibility under all lighting conditions;
• A bicycle computer, which uses an E Ink SURF product to display heart rate, speed, distance traveled, etc.; and,
• A smartphone case, also using an E Ink segmented display to provide on-demand information including time, battery strength and new messages.
Meanwhile, the company delivered several talks throughout the symposium held during DISPLAY WEEK:
• Display Executive Keynote Session - Sriram Peruvemba, CMO
• Viewing-Angle Measurements on Reflective e-Paper Displays - Dirk Hertel, Senior Scientist
• Beyond eBooks - Jenn Vail, Senior Manager
• Investors Conference: From Emerging Technology to Market Adoption - Paths to Commercial Success - Dr. Scott Liu, Chairman, E Ink Holdings