USA - The venerable business card has finally met its match in the Eyejot (www.eyejotcom) vCard – a video business card. The Eyejot vCard application is available now for iPhone users for $0.99 in the Apple store, and soon for the Android platform. The app marries the utility of business cards with the visual impact of video and ready accessibility of a smartphone.
Eyejot vCard solves the age-old problem of business card “memory cramp” – what did this person look like?, what was the context of our conversation?, and how valuable is the connection? Eyejot vCards easily and elegantly allow business people to attach short, personalized videos for the recipient.
Memorable videos are included with the name, company, title and contact information, along with links to social media networks like Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter. The Eyejot vCard application, mobile users simply enter the recipient’s email address or mobile SMS number, and press send.
Emailed contact information is provided in a format easily imported into contact management applications. The app automatically adds follow-up reminders to the calendar application. Videos can be viewed directly from some email clients or through a link provided in the message. All video content is hosted on Eyejot servers, speeding up delivery times. In addition, location information and links to a map can be included, providing a referenceable record for where contact was made with the recipient.
Digital technology continues to change a variety of paper-based systems that people have relied upon for years. A few examples:
• Online airline ticketing has all but replaced the travel agent.
• Web-based movie tickets are supplanting the theatre ticket window.
• More and more banking customers forego paper statements for online account management.
• Internet news sites continue to encroach upon the readership of printed newspapers.
“The Eyejot vCard comprises the best of traditional, paper business cards with the unforgettable nature of video and the power of Internet tools like maps and social networks,” stated David Geller, president of Eyejot. “iPhones and smart devices are turning into Swiss Army knives for modern life, containing our contacts, our money, our photo albums and now our business cards.”
The Eyejot vCard will have a similar impact on business cards through digital technology and the ubiquity of smart devices. Invented by the Chinese in the 15th century, and long regarded as the most cost-effective means of initiating relationships, the paper business card is rife with feature deficiencies which Eyejot vCard will remedy:
• Paper cards are often lost. ◦Solution: Unless a phone is lost, an Eyejot vCard is never misplaced.
• Recipients often forget who the person is “behind” the card. ◦Solution: Eyejot vCard’s personalized, short videos deliver a quick, memorable recap of the encounter, the conversation and even next steps.
• It’s frequently difficult to remember the context when the business card was given. ◦Solution: The Eyejot vCard geo-location capabilities provide a record of where the encounter took place.
• Forgetting to bring business cards. ◦Solution: With the Eyejot vCard, business cards are always just a few touch-screen taps away – and will never run out or be forgotten.