USA - At long last, system designers have been liberated from limited operating ranges and time-consuming tuning processes with the new InstaSPIN-MOTION motor control solution from Texas Instruments (www.ti.com).
InstaSPIN-MOTION is a comprehensive torque-, speed- and motion- control software solution that delivers robust system performance at the highest efficiency for motor applications that operate in various motion state transitions. Built upon TI’s InstaSPIN-FOC motor control solution, InstaSPIN-MOTION is uniquely designed to optimize complex motion sequences, reduce tuning to a single parameter and tracking desired trajectories with unmatched accuracy across operating ranges. It constitutes the easiest and most effective method for achieving optimized sensorless motor control.
TI’s InstaSPIN-FOC solution, which was announced earlier this year, takes advantage of the FAST premium software sensor for rotor flux measurement and provides motor identification, automatic current control tuning and sensorless feedback in a field-oriented control (FOC) torque controller and speeds deployment of efficient, sensorless, variable load three-phase motor solutions.
InstaSPIN-MOTION further improves motor performance and development time Adding additional motor control functionality, InstaSPIN-MOTION enables more expertise on chip. With the core algorithms embedded in the read-only-memory (ROM) on TI’s 32-bit C2000 Piccolo microcontrollers (MCUs).
InstaSPIN-MOTION integrates SpinTAC components from LineStream Technologies, featuring optimized motion profiling, single-parameter tuning and a disturbance-rejecting controller, which speeds development and increases performance across changing speeds and loads. InstaSPIN-MOTION can be used with sensored feedback or with the included sensorless InstaSPIN-FOC solution.
InstaSPIN-MOTION features and benefits · Eliminate motion control challenges in traditional motor systems. InstaSPIN-MOTION removes the need for inefficient, older design techniques.
For example, defining the motor’s desired motion in other methods requires simplistic, inflexible trajectories, resulting in mechanical stress. Hand-coded, calculation-heavy trajectories consume valuable memory. Likewise, achieving desired motor performance across varying conditions requires multiple sets of multi-parameter, proportional-integral (PI) controllers needing time-intensive tuning.
· InstaSPIN-MOTION’s SpinTAC components include:
○ IDENTIFY: Ensure optimum tracking and disturbance rejection, working with the real inertia of the system.
○ CONTROL: Minimize effort and reduce complexity with single coefficient tuning. Rapidly test and tune velocity control from soft to stiff response, defining a controller gain that typically works across the entire variable speed and load range of an application. Actively estimate and cancel system disturbances in real time, providing maximum performance.
○ MOVE: Produce an automatically optimized motion profile based on start velocity, target velocity and system limitations for acceleration, jerk and motion trajectory type.
○ PLAN: Quickly build various states of motion (speed A to speed B) and tie them together with state-based logic.
· Develop and evaluate quickly using the new motor control software infrastructure, MotorWare. Take advantage of modules, drivers, system examples and documentation representing the latest in C object-oriented and API-based coding techniques.